Monday, April 28, 2014

Leadership Learning: Discovering Best Practices at the National Level

 by Superintendent Robert "Bob" Lewandowski

This trip to Nashville, Tennessee started with cold weather, a head cold and a late arrival.  I am now sitting in a "Thought Session" with Alan Blankstien (author of Failure Isn't An Option) along with my wife and daughter. Learning and leadership have become a family thing. Almost all of our conversations at the table, in the car and around the house surround school and its many functions. I guess it only makes sense that my family saved their money to attend with this national venue with me. At least we will have more common ground for future family discussion.

So far, what I have found is a lot of  affirmation, with a few leadership twists and approaches to create capacity,  for the Five Essential Elements of Learning:

THE FIVE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS of LEARNING
1. Focus on Learning
2. Collaborative Culture
3. Clearly Define What Every Student Needs To Learn
4. Consistently Measure Our Effectiveness
5. Systematically Respond When Students Don't/Do Learn


During my learning experience here in Nashville, I will do my best to share the experiences

No comments:

Post a Comment